y'all. i have to tell you, i have had such an interesting month. i have been wanting to be all about productivity and accomplishing goals but i have also felt the Lord clearly trying to teach me to slow down and live life without being controlled by a to do list. you wouldn't think this would be challenging, but when i don't have a strict to do list my time management is terrible. so, i'm working hard to find a healthy balance. so many blogs that i read encourage setting goals and starting the year out right. and there is so much good to come from that. but, i also read this post where jami talks about motivation and goals needing to be God oriented. so, i'm still trying to figure this out.
i did make a few january goals. and i didn't accomplish them all (whhhaaaatt??). but, i feel okay about that. it's me, giving up a little bit of my control-nature. being willing to be a mess. and figuring out how to understand that that is okay.
my january goals were:
- read grace for the good girl (i started this and LOVE it. not finished yet!)
- complete the next step of my quilt (that i started before i got preggers!) (still need to do this)
- edit pictures for my 2012 albm (it has been so fun to go back through all our pictures from last year. i'm only about half way through picking them out - then I'll get to start the actual album!)
- order photo books of the boys first birthday party (yay! finished this one - i LOVE these. printed two so both boys will have one)
- make two christmas gifts (i didn't do this - i have some ideas, just gotta make the time!)
so for february i'm hoping to:
- finish grace for the good girl
- read the most important place on earth
- make two christmas gifts (maybe 4 to make up for january if i have time!)
- finish going through my 2012 pictures and start on the actual album
- use my time more wisely (this is huge. i need to write a whole post on my iphone and google reader addictions. it's ugly. and i want to spend my time being more creative instead of watching others be creative and productive with their time.)
- make my workspace a fun space for me to want to spend my time (right now, my desk stays cluttered with all kinds of stuff and the couch becomes my blogging/photo editing/office space. which makes me less productive because i get too comfy and sleepy or too caught up in a tv show! i want my desk to be a happy place where i want to actually spend time!)
what about y'all? how has january been? what are you going to do this month?