How about a random favorite things post for tonight? I always love hearing other people's favorite things so I thought I'd share some of mine! These are super random but thought you might enjoy hear about them!
- Sleep (Lavender Chamomile) body wash from Bath and Body Works --- Y'ALL. This stuff is divine. It.smells.so.good. They make two Sleep scents but the Lavender Chamomile is definitely my favorite. Jordan is even obsessed with it! It's typically $13 but it goes on sale every so often for $5. I try to stock up then!
- Wild and Free by Jess Connolly and Haley Morgan --- I've really enjoyed this book this summer. It's been a sweet reminder of who we are in Christ and how we can live wild and free because of that. I'm about to turn 30 in two days (what?!) and I'm declaring this year as my wild and free year. I want to live not based on other's expectations of me, or out of fear of being not enough, or out of holding back from being wild. I want to live fully as one created by a Divine Maker, covered by the blood of Jesus, for a purpose.
- Noonday Feather Fringe Earrings --- Speaking of wild and free, I love these giant earrings, even with a t-shirt! I get a compliment every time I wear them! And I often also get "whoa, those are some big earrings" but I'm all "you're darn right they are! don't you love them?". The best part is that the products are providing jobs to artisans in vulnerable communities. Sustainable gifts are my absolute favorites - typically at a Noonday party I buy a gift or two for someone's upcoming birthday or Christmas and a thing or two for myself. I've never regretted a single purchase!
- Farmers Market Fresh Flowers --- A hidden gem within the Farmers Market? Fresh flowers! They have the most unique, beautiful, inexpensive bouquets. Anytime we drive through Greensboro I insist that we stop by to grab a gorgeous bouquet for $10! It brings so much joy to our house that it's worth every penny. Full disclosure: After six years I realized that Jordan wasn't going to buy me flowers often. So, I built that into my grocery budget. Each week I buy myself some flowers for my kitchen table. Sometimes they're cheap and from Walmart but other weeks they're from Trader Joe's or the Farmers Market. It's wonderful!
- The Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey podcast --- I started listening to podcasts back when Serial became popular. I wanted to find something else to listen to and started listening to Jamie's podcast and I love it! I typically skim through the feed and listen to the women or topics that seem interesting to me. It's the perfect thing to listen to while I'm driving without the kiddos (because when they're in the car we're all jamming to a VeggieTales CD or a VBS CD), folding laundry or taking a shower (I have a fun bluetooth shower speaker!).
- Decaf Iced Americano with cream and white mocha --- This is my regular drink when I go to Starbucks! It's such a fun pick-me-up on a sweltering afternoon! I think I've mentioned it on my blog before but it's worth mentioning again! (I typically get it with a little less mocha than normal. They put 6 pumps in a venti but I only get 4.)
- Madam Secretary --- My current Netflix show! It's playing as I type this. I love the show (think updated West Wing-ish) and really adore the main family! Their marriage, their parenting, their house, and definitely her style! She's turned me into a robe gal. I feel very Elizabeth McCord anytime I drink my coffee in my robe!
How about y'all? Any new or old favorite things I should try?